Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Adding my spinning...

Okay, so I joined up a while ago but just have not had time to actually post anything yet. However I do have some pictures to show you now. I am spinning on my Babe this stuff...
Shetland fleece

Here is the Shetland fleece that I am spinning for the shawl. It is so soft and easy to spin, I am loving it!
Here we have some spun up...

on the Babe
Lovely. I am actually really happy with how this is spinning up. I do wish it was thinner. I think that if I ply it this stuff will be worsted weight. So I am thinking about just keeping it as a single. Would it work knitting a shawl with a single?
Anyway I look forward to seeing everyones progress!
Dee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your singles look great. I've never spun any Shetland, but this looks lovely.

Not That Kat said...

If your single is not overtwisted, you should be able to knit with it just fine. A good blocking should overcome any tendency it has to bias. But to be sure, I would swatch and block and see what it looks like