Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The start of my shawl...

Edited to add: I realized that my calculations at 3 am this morning were wrong, and that I had left out a 1 somewhere. I actually have around 95 yards! I'm feeling much more encouraged.

Ok so after a few hours spinning on my new spindle this is what I've got. I finally decided that I would use the pink roving I got first. I didn't get very much spun although it sure felt like a lot. It's somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 yards. Probably a little more, but that's a safe guess. Underestimating. And that's only one single...I still need another to ply it with. So we'll see how much I actually get when I'm done here. I can see it's going to take me a loooong time.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Actually you're doing really good, you'll have a few hundred yards in no time by this rate. I like your drop spindle by the way. :D

Hattie said...

I totally miscalculated, and I'm feeling much better about things now!

Karin Rosman said...

Start taking your spindle with you and you will be surprised at how much you get done waiting in line or wherever. A little bit here and there really adds up.

Hattie said...

Haha, that's a great tip, but honestly, I leave my house about 5-6 days out of the month. We live in the country so I don't get out much. It means lots of time at home to spin though!