Friday, June 1, 2007

Introducing an Excited Participant


I think this is a great idea! Last September, I took a spindling class from Elizabeth Dailey, of Greensleeves Spindles, and she encouraged us to 'spin with intention'. Since that time, I have been thinking about potential projects, but have been finishing up the one and two ounce bumps of various fibers I had collected at the three fiber festivals I was lucky enough to attend over the summer. I started working on the Larger Than Life Bag as a way to combine those various handspuns... these are some of the seven squares I have done to date.
However, I would like to spin enough yarn for a shawl, so will be spending some time in the next week determining what weight, how much fiber I need (and if I have enough in my stash already), and what pattern. I look forward to seeing everyone's work as we all progress together. If you want to learn more about me, visit my blog, A View From Sierra County.

4 comments:

Opal said...

Your squares are beautiful! What a wonderful way to use up some of those small amounts of handpun.

I look forward to seeing what you decide on as far as fiber and pattern is concerned for your project with this group.

margene said...

Your squares are so fun to see. It's great to have you along on this adventure!

Robin said...

Welcome!! Beautiful squares!

Teresa said...

Hey those colors are beautiful! I didn't even think about making granny squares out of all my remnants. I just made a bunch of coasters. Now I have more coasters than I do cups.

Welcome to Spun Stitches!