Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Finally jumping in

Technically I joined a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had the time to sit down and blog until now. I'm still unsure of what pattern I'll be doing, but here is a look at the hardware:



My new Lendrum DT, purchased at MDSW last month. This is my first wheel, and yes, I am very very new to spinning. But I love it!

The software...well, you've got me. I've got a lot of great fiber sitting around that I bought at MDSW and in the fall, when I was trying (unsuccessfully) to get into spindle spinning. I've got ingeo, merino/silk, merino/bamboo, wensleydale, alpaca, soysilk...well, you get the idea. Let's just say that the software is more than likely in this picture:



Whatever it is, I know I'm going to have fun doing it. It's just the incentive I needed to get my spinning more consistent. This is going to be a blast!

7 comments:

Queue said...

way to go! Congrats on the wheel - I'm jealous!

hillary said...

Nice fiber choices. I couldn't get the hang of the spindle either but I have a Lendrum DT too and I love it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

New wheel, oh joy! :) You've got a great fiber stash going there. I bet you find something fantastic to spin up.

Monika said...

Wow, you've got a nice collection there. So much wonderful fibre! Have fun with it!

Opal said...

Gorgeous wheel and all that luscious fiber is making me drool. I can't wait to see what you decide on!

Beth S. said...

You can't go wrong with the Lendrum. Good choice! :-)