Friday, June 1, 2007

Starting slowly....

I am so glad to find this KAL, thanks to Opal! So I have set about deciding what to use for this Knit along.
Thinking of what to use - I immeadiatly decided to use the 3 oz of shetland that I was gifted with by a dear friend this year at Md. So there is the first part of my software.
But I would need to hove something to ply it with, as 3 oz is not enough. Then I thought about the silk reeling kit I also got at Md... I could ply that with the silk. If spun thin enough - I can do a shawl in the Shetland Wedding Ring style... yeah that is a plan! So here is the next part of the software.So now to find the hardware to use....Lots of options. But there seems to be a theme to this idea- I decided to use a spindle I got at Md Sheep and Wool too.... a Golding Decorative rim spindle:

So I have started to spin... now to find a pattern. That may take me a bit longer. But I am certainly glad to be here and excited about this!

3 comments:

Opal said...

Looking good! Can't wait to hear about your progress.

Spun Stitches KAL said...

That is a gorgeous spindle! Looking forward to watching your progress.

Unknown said...

I love that yellow Shetland! So bright and cherry. Can't wait to see how it looks plied up with the silk!