Friday, June 15, 2007

Almost One Bobbin Full (How About a Circular Shawl?)







I have almost filled one of the bobbins with a single of the green merino/silk and I just got a new book that I pre-ordered from Amazon. "Wrapped in Comfort" by Alison Jeppson Hyde. It looks really good to me and the shawls and are designed to stay on your shoulders. There are a few scarves as well for those who would prefer a quicker knit. She has both written and charted instructions for those who prefer one over the other and there are various degrees of difficulty from beginning lace knitter to experienced. The needle sizes are very reasonable (US 9 or US 10 most of the time). Now I've lately been knitting on small needles, but these patterns are very graceful and look terrific in the larger gage. Depending on the yarn when it's done, I might just have to make one of these lovely shawls with hands spun. The green yarn is not the one I'm going to knit with. I've promised some to missalicefaye to knit with so that's that. Good Spinning and Good Knitting!

3 comments:

Hattie said...

That center blue one is gorgeous! I could see your green yarn for that one. :) I'll have to take a look at that book!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see how it turns out. I would love to do a circular shawl in the future. The green is a nice one. Good luck deciding.

Sherry W said...

Gack! Too many lace books, not enough time!

I like the variegated one on the cover.