Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Joining Up

Hi everyone! I've never been part of a KAL before, so I'm very excited about this!

My name is Lucy - feel free to check out my blog.

I just heard about this and it's perfect timing as I am working with some Angora (spinning on my spindolyn)



which I am planning to ply with some pretty wool that I will be spinning on my (borrowed) Ashford wheel



I haven't chosen a pattern yet, I'm kind of waiting to see how the yarn strikes me when it's done. It will probably be a fingering or sport weight once it's done. I have done a couple of shawls, and I have a copy of VLT and a couple of other books and patterns that I'm looking through. I'm planning to give this shawl to one of my friends, so if the yarn doesn't impress me enough to pair it with a pattern I will keep spinning... I look forward to seeing what everyone else is doing!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I want a spindolyn so bad. I've been toying with the idea of getting one for a long time. Now, I just want to get one, yours is beautiful.

That angora is gorgeous!

Hattie said...

I finally ordered my spindolyn today! I have been waiting and found that quite a few people have been using it successfully, so I'm buying one! I can't wait to get it. :D That roving is beautiful too! I'm a sucker for blue.