Friday, June 15, 2007

Getting better...

So here is a pic of the three mini skeins I've got. I've been spinning as much as I can at once and then winding it off with my ball winder and plying it on itself, like the inside and outside strand. Here we can see my progress. The top skein is the best one and the last one I've done, also it is finally a true lace weight yarn. The second middle one has the same yardage as the first but is thicker. The bottom skein is my first yarn skein from this fiber and you can really tell the difference. It's got a tad bit more yardage but mostly it's bigger, about sock weight. I was more than thrilled with my last skein, I was afraid I'd never get it thin enough that it would be lace when plied! So if I get enough I won't use those two skeins but we'll see. For now the total is only really 100 yards or so, including those two. Slow going! My spindolyn should be here by Monday or Tuesday at the latest and I'm hoping that will help me out as well.

1 comment:

Lacefreak said...

You are doing a great job and It's looking really good from where I sit. Your spinning looks very consistant though the skeins vary in gage.