Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fiber Spun!

I started spinning this three years ago on my Little Si spindle, but kept having to put it away due to my grandchildren. Now I am spinning it on my Babe Pinkie wheel, using a piece of the original spindle spun as a leader, so that I can match weights, which I am doing. In the last three days I have spun the last 6 batts. I will be working on plying it today, so I can set the twist and see how what the wpi and yardage is. Here the singles waiting to be plied: and one of the last batts to be spun:

4 comments:

Karin Rosman said...

I've been winding my hanks onto toilet paper rolls as well but have not had as good success for plying with these. Would love to hear about your method.

Opal said...

very pretty!

Hattie said...

I love those colors! They are so pretty...like the ocean!

Can't wait to see!

Kirsten said...

Love the color!