Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hello to all . . . New member

Hi All:

I am new to Spun Stitches. I've been spinning for over two years--started with spindle, now have a Babe Production, and am drooling over a Majacraft. I enjoy spinning laceweight to fingering weight. I caught the lace spinning bug, and make shawls out of it. The most current spinning project is some self, handpainted superwash roving.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The most recent, completed spun stitches is a laceweight yarn turned into a flower basket shawl.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And the next knitting from handspun that comes to mind is a Peacock Shawl out of this lovely yarn:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Please check out the blog for more projects. I can't wait to see more of your inspiring creations.

5 comments:

Monika said...

Hi Rosa, I just posted my all new Flower Basket Shawl, and I see you made it too, but way bigger! Isn't this a lovely pattern? I go now, and check out your blog.

Hattie said...

Wow, it's beautiful! I love it in the varigated color, now I know what to do with my red/yellow merino... :D

Unknown said...

Thanks, ladies:

I am really pleased with it. I just kept petting it and putting it away. It is my first spin to knit project. I am looking forward to making more shawls. All of Evelyn Clark's shawls are amazing and a delight for the beginner lace knitter.

Tracy said...

Very nice. I have to ask...Who is Evelyn Clark? (Tracy, showing her shawl ingnorance)

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy:

Evelyn Clark is the designer of Flower Basket Shawl, Swallowtail Shawl, and countless others that can be found in Interweave Knits or Fiber Trends website. Her patterns are great beginner shawl patterns. But I would say if you want to do a beginner shawl that is free, try Kiri on the web.