Sunday, June 17, 2007

Yarn ready, now to decide on pattern


I got my yarn all spun and plied, but ended up with only 600 yards out of the 16 ounces of fiber :( Not to sure of my wpi, but when I measure it, it seems to be 11 wpi, which doesn't make sense as it seems thinner than that, as you can see from the picture. Oh, well...now to decide what shawl pattern to make.
I have a couple of free ones, but I'm not to sure if the yarn would look good in a fancy lace pattern or if I would have enough to make one. If anyone has a recommendation for a pattern that I can make out with the yardage and wpi I have, please let me know.

3 comments:

Lacefreak said...

Your yarn looks great. Color is very nice and it looks very even. "Swallowtail Shawl" from Fall 2006 Interweave Knits. Fiber Trends "Estonian Garden Wrap & Scarf" pattern you can do the scarf which takes about 485 yds, and "Flower Basked Lace Scarf & Shawl" pattern also from Fiber Trends you can do a scarf. Good Luck!

Kirsten said...

Your yarn is gorgeous!! One of my favorite shawls for that yardage is the Shetland Triangle from Wrap Style (try your local library if you don't already own the book.) The lace pattern in it is simple enough to showcase your beautiful yarn and it only calls for about 600 yards.

Opal said...

What beautifully plied yarn!