Sunday, June 10, 2007

Meet Captain Jack and me , dudleyspinner Deb

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This Pi shawl is one I made a few months ago. Blocking is a big job but makes all the difference.

I am Deb aka dudleyspinner. I dye dudleyspinner roving and spin, knit, needle felt and other fiber arts.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is Captain Jack, (he has a wobble) This wheel is about 35 years old, one of the first Ashford Traditional wheels. He has a new double treadle system because the original had two bolts instead of one crank and it had a terrible thunk when you treadled. He also had the jumbo flyer and the bobbin holds over a pound of yarn. That is a lot of yards when you are spinning fine.
Deb aka dudleyspinner

4 comments:

Monika said...

I'm new to the spinning fun. Your Pi shawl looks fantastic. Do you use the Jumbo Flyer kit to spin? I thought this was just to ply yarn. Please enlighten me! What about a lace flyer kit? Can you tell me anything about that? I've bought a new Ashford Traditional wheel and love it, but have no comparison.

Lacefreak said...

Great Shawl. Very pretty colors

Morandia said...

I LOVE the color progression. You do such amazing things with color!

Dudleyspinner said...

I use the jumbo flyer and am spinning about 20 wraps per inch. I plan to use the yarn as a singles to keep the color progression clear. It holds a lot of yarn. I spun up about a pound of roving on one bobbin. It is drying now, and that may take awhile because the humididty is about 90% today. It is a huge honking hank of yarn! My dudleyspinner roving is really easy to spin and keep the colors nice and clear. I strip off the side of the roving and try to get as many rainbow repeats as I can.
Deb