Thursday, July 5, 2007

Finished!

I have been very quiet of late and should have kept you more abreast of my progress, but what with the last weeks of the school term, Ravelry, trying to keep my own blog up to date and now Mystery stole 3, there are only so many hours in the day.

So there haven't been many progress reports, but I do have a finished
object :-)


Swallowtail Shawl from Winter 06 Interweave Knits

Made using about 450m of laceweight alpaca/ silk ( one ply of each) spun on my trusty Ashford Traveller, Beth.


I added quite a few repeats of the first lace pattern ( I think I finished up with 19) which gave me the correct numbers to match up with the second lace pattern.


Knitted on 3.5mm Clover Bamboo circular, final size 60" across and 27" from neck to point.


I am so pleased with this shawl, it is the first one I have made out of my own handspun and most certainly will not be the last :-)
Here is an arty shot just to finish up with ;-)



7 comments:

Lucy said...

Beautiful shawl! Congratulations on finishing! ...so pretty :)

Lacefreak said...

Your shawl is quite lovely and looks terrific as a larger shawl.

Tracy said...

Wow. Just gorgeous.

Opal said...

it's lovely! really gorgeous! i bet you are so proud of such a wonderful work of art. :-)

Monika said...

Beautiful shawl. It looks very airy!

Beth S. said...

That Swallowtail is fabulous! Did you have to do any math to enlarge it, or no?

CAT said...

Absolutely beautiful. The spun yarn works perfectly with this pattern.