Sunday, July 8, 2007

A Belated Progress Report

BFL FamilyI have been a bad Spun Stitches member and I apologize. I've been busy working on my project but I keep forgetting to post here. I have been posting on my own blog though and, if you'd like, you can check it out here. One of the things posted there is a bigger version of the picture here which shows the yarn I've spun for the project so far. It's Blue Faced Leicester which I'm spinning on my Lendrum. I love everything about how this yarn is coming out - even the funky bits.
This yarn is destined to become Hanami. Although the pattern calls for laceweight and this is a bit heavier than that, I think it'll work well. Hanami is lace but not of the super-fine variety. I think it'll take well to the heavier yarn.
I've still got a little bit of spinning to do and beads to select before I get to the knitting part of this project. I get more excited as it moves along.

3 comments:

Opal said...

gorgeous yarn!

Romi said...

Oooooooooh. ::drool::

Tracy said...

Wow. Can't wait to see it knit up. Beautiful.