Thursday, September 27, 2007

Turbulent Indigo

It may not be an elaborate lace shawl, but I've finally gotten around to knitting a bit of lace with my handspun yarn.


I'm calling it Turbulent Indigo after the Joni Mitchell song of the same name. The color and the patterning had me singing the song the whole time I knit.



Turbulent Indigo
Pattern: My Own - I will offer it as a Freebie soon on my blog.
Yarn: Spun from 4 oz. Knitterly Things, Vesper Roving, 100% BFL. I never got around to measuring the WPI on this, but it is roughly a sport weight yarn.
Needles: US 7
Finished Measurements: 5.5x64"
Notes: I knit this from end to end to allow the yarn to form vertical stripes.

More photos can be found on my blog.

5 comments:

Morandia said...

very nice!!! I'm shooting for a scarf myself.

mel said...

Lovely yarn, lovely pattern, lovely picture!! Great job!!

Tracy said...

It's beautiful.

Hattie said...

So pretty! It's simple, but really nice!

Marlene said...

Very nice! I love the lengthwise striping.