Sunday, September 16, 2007

Argosy Scarf, FO and Forest Canopy Started

Stratton modeling Argosy
Finished an Argosy Scarf in handspun corriedale

Details:
Yarn: Handspun Corriedale pencil roving, from Crown Mountain Farm, color: Inspiration

Needles: US3 / 3.25mm

Pattern: Argosy Scarf from Knitty

Gauge: ~5 stitches/inch after blocking

Completed: September 15, 2007

Finished Size: 6 ½” x 64”

Mods:
I added an extra increase to make the scarf wider since my fingering weight yarn is a little lighter than the pattern’s DK or sport weight. But, I didn’t knit as many repeats as I didn’t want a six-foot scarf. I blocked it fairly strongly to open the lace.

Working now on spinning some laceweight merino/tencel for a larger stole. And I'm knitting up a Forest Canopy Shawl with some BFL from Sakina Needles.

Forest Canopy Shawl started

3 comments:

Hattie said...

They are both gorgeous! I especially love the forest canopy coloring. Can't wait to see that done.

Tracy said...

Very, very nice.

AmysBabies said...

I adore the colors in the canopy shawl! Your Argosy is great! I need to make one of those too