Sunday, October 21, 2007

That's a wrap!

When I bought some beautiful Optim from the ever helpful Mandie at Ewe Give Me the Knits (don't you love that name), she assured me it was soft - boy was she right.

I planned to dye it a specific way, with a deep dark teal going through to a light sea green, and it took the Ashford dye really well. Plopped long long long strands of the roving in the dye pot in Dark Teal and with the section on the top that didn't settle in I poured over some Teal/Yellow.




Spun carefully to keep the colour graduation, I did countless happy dances in the loungeroom and forced my Wool Widowed Husband to 'feel how soft this is'.

After much swatching and knitting - I wasn't too happy with the result as I had another 'vision' of what I wanted.

The end result, after a skein was used on my Ashford Knitters Loom, can be seen on my flickr page - but here is a teaser.


The set of flickr photos can be found here if you want to see all the photos.

7 comments:

Hattie said...

Gorgeous colors! I like that you left things simple with the shawl, it's still very beautiful and shows off the yarn perfectly.

Kirsten said...

Lovely!

mel said...

I'm so impressed, those colors are drop-dead gorgeous, and the resulting shawl is a stunner :) Beautiful work!

Marlene said...

Beautiful! What did you use for warp? It all blends together so nicely.

Monika said...

That looks fantastic! I love it!

June said...

Gosh, this is gorgeous!!! You should be so proud! :)

Julie said...

So beautiful! Now you have me looking at Ashford Knitter's Looms... I don't have time (or space) for another hobby!