Friday, October 12, 2007

center done, onto edging

I know I've been pretty quiet for a while, with school and all. But look, I finished the center!! And started the edging!!!

cap shawl started edging

So far, I love knitting this shawl. I love the color variations throughout the shawl, which was one of the things that really worried me early on, that I might get so far and realize that I hate the colors.
I took it to Knitting Guild with me last week and a few of the members said they can't wait to see it finished. So now, I'm really motivated to get it done before our November meeting on the 7th. Probably not going to happen, but I'm going to be optimistic to try. I have a whole section of edging done, so only 653 more rows to go!

7 comments:

Hattie said...

Oh it's so beautiful! The colors are gorgeous, you have nothing to worry about. I can't wait to see it done!

Kirsten said...

Your shawl is really, really beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing it done too!

mel said...

That's just gorgeous :) Can't wait to see it!!

Tracy said...

Beautiful Job. Lovely colors, too.

Opal said...

Only 653? *faints*

Elizabeth said...

At least each edging row is only, what, less than twenty stitches long? I bet you'll have it finished by the seventh.

BAAbins said...

OOOH!! I can't wait to see the finished shawl!! Keep up the great work!